Thursday, October 7, 2010

Project 345

A week ago I spoke in our student church ways to avoid temptation. One of my points was to know and read the bible. When we know the scripture we can side step the temptations thrown at us.

Sure, we all read the bible at some points and have devotions regularly but I asked the question to myself "when do I just sit down and read the bible to just read it?" I read blogs, magazines, some...books ....I felt convicted that I take in all this information about the world we live in, the cutlure, this generation of youth, and countless theories but hardly take in the Word of God.

So, starts my journey of diving into the new testament. A chapter a day. Yesterday was John 1. Wow, Verse 1 "In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God and the Word was God."


No comments:

Post a Comment